Ashkal Alwan is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Home Workspace Program to carry out administrative and programming duties. Please see below for full terms of reference. The Lebanese Association for Plastic Arts, Ashkal Alwan is a non-profit organization based in Beirut, Lebanon. Since its inception in 1994, the association has committed itself to the production, facilitation and circulation of artistic practices across a range of disciplines and media. Ashkal Alwan’s platforms include the Home Works Forum on Cultural Practices, curated projects in Lebanon and abroad, the publication of literary works and artists’ books, residency programs, art production grants, and archival documentation of contemporary cultural endeavors.
In summer 2011, Ashkal Alwan launched Home Workspace (HWP), an annual, interdisciplinary arts program launched by Ashkal Alwan in 2011. The program targets emerging artists who wish to develop their formal, historical, and critical skills and practice in a supportive environment in Beirut. Each edition or class of the HWP runs for 10 months, led by a different Resident Professor (RP) each year and admitting approximately 15 participants.
POSITION & TERMS OF REFERENCE
Administrative Assistant–Home Workspace Program (HWP)
Part-time position, Based in Beirut
Start Date: September 24, 2012
• Assisting the resident professor (RP) in communication and organization related to the Home Workspace Program, including liaising with visiting professors, participants, Ashkal Alwan staff, and the HWP curriculum committee
• Coordinating material needed by the HWP including reading material, supplies
• Coordinating technical, production-related and documentation requirements with AA staff
• Coordinating and organizing seminars, lectures, workshops, field trips, public events and other activities related to the HWP with the RP, visiting professors and AA staff, and coordinating schedules, accommodation, flight, transportation, and use of space with AA staff as required
• Assisting the administrative director in drafting and preparing policies, contracts, budgets and reports related to the program
• Knowledge of the local, regional, and international artistic and cultural sector
• Knowledge in the nature of similar local, regional and international education programs and arts institutions
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organization, time-management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent command of Arabic and English; French or other languages useful
• IT skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office suites and Adobe suites a plus (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign)
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and current resumé (English) to Amal Issa firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your projected start date, 2 names of references with their updated contact information, and to mention where you found this posting. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please see this link http://www.ashkalalwan.org/homeworkspace.aspx?id=2 for more information on the Home Workspace Program