Ashkal Alwan: Job Announcement Project Coordinator — Home Workspace
Ashkal Alwan is seeking a Project Coordinator for Home Workspace to carry out administrative and programming duties. Please see below for full terms of reference. The Lebanese Association for Plastic Arts, Ashkal Alwan is a non-profit organization based in Beirut, Lebanon. Since its inception in 1994, the association has committed itself to the production, facilitation and circulation of artistic practices across a range of disciplines and media. Ashkal Alwan’s platforms include the Home Works Forum on Cultural Practices, curated projects in Lebanon and abroad, the publication of literary works and artists’ books, residency programs, art production grants, and archival documentation of contemporary cultural endeavors. In summer 2011, Ashkal Alwan launched Home Workspace, its multipurpose space in Beirut dedicated to contemporary artistic practices and arts education.
Located in Jisr Al Wati, Home Workspace provides an array of services and educational platforms, including a multimedia research library, art production facilities, multimedia auditoria and an independent educational program (HWP) to support and facilitate artistic and cultural production.
POSITION & TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project Coordinator – Home Workspace
Full-time, Based in Beirut
• Funding: writing proposals, preparing financial files, reporting, finding new sources of funding
• Following the financial issues of the project with the accountant of the institution and the auditors
• Following up on income generation for the space: sourcing and dealing with space rentals
• Attending public events and coordinating their set up
• Managing public relations network and cooperation with Arab and international art institutions, academies and press
• Following up on Ashkal Alwan’s website and newsletter content
• Social networking: managing Ashkal Alwan’s Facebook and Twitter activity
• Knowledge of the local, regional, and international artistic and cultural sector
• Knowledge in the nature of similar local, regional and international institutions
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent proposal-writing and research skills
• Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent command of Arabic and English; French or other languages useful
• IT skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe suites (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop; InDesign a plus)
Start Date: Position is open until filled, but we are looking to fill this position with the right candidate by December 2012.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and current resumé (English) to Amal Issa firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your projected start date, 3 names of references with their updated contact information, and to mention where you found this posting. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please see our website www.ashkalalwan.org for more information on Ashkal Alwan.
Ashkal Alwan: Job Announcement Administrative Assistant/ Part-time – Home Workspace Program Location: Ashkal Alwan – Beirut
The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design have organized The International Architecture Awards