Now it is open the San Francisco International Photography Exhibition. The theme is open, all genres and styles are welcome. The Competition is open to everyone, 18 years or older, worldwide. The location of Exhibition is the Studio 17 Gallery in San Francisco, California.
Registration is $25 (USD) for the first image, and $10 for each additional image. Payment can be made through the online registration system. Email us about payment by check or Western Union.
Selection and awards
The juror will select Gold Medal and Silver Medal awards. All Gold Medal award winners will be in the San Francisco Exhibition. Gold and Silver Medal award winners will be displayed in our online gallery, with links to the artists’ sites.
$6,000 (USD) in awards will be granted to 3 of the Gold Medalists as follows:
· 1st Place $3,000
· 2nd Place $2,000
· 3rd Place $1,000
The cash grant award winners must include their works in the exhibition to be eligible for the awards.
Submitted image files must conform to the following guidelines:
· Images should be 1,280 pixels long on the longest side.
· Files must be a maximum of 2MB.
· Entries must be submitted as high quality JPG files.
· Images must use the sRGB or RGB color space.
· File names must not use special characters. Use letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores.
· Do not use any visible watermarks, copyright notices, or added identification on your images
Registrants may substitute or add images at any time until registration closes.
Photographs which were award winners in previous Gallery Photographica events may not be resubmitted. The Director reserves the right to reject any works deemed inappropriate.
Preparing artwork for exhibition
· Image size must be 20 inches (50 cm) maximum in the longest dimension.
· Frame size must be 28 inches (70cm) maximum in the longest dimension.
· The frame must be ready to hang, with hanging wire attached.
· Electronically delivered images must be flattened tif or psd files, 240 ppi, 16-bit, adobe 1998 or pro photo color space, and cropped and sized to final print dimensions.
Delivering artwork for exhibition
Artwork can be shipped, hand delivered, or delivered electronically. Hand delivered work must be packed well for protection. Electronically delivered artwork will be printed and framed, using archival materials, at a modest cost, by Gallery Photographica.
Selling of artwork during the Exhibition
All work in the Exhibition will be offered for sale. Artists may set prices or consult with Gallery Photographica to determine prices. Gallery Photographica retains a 40% commission on sold works.
Return of unsold works
Arrangements for return of unsold work must be made with Gallery Photographica by July 26, 2013. Return options include:
· Pick-up from the gallery on July 29, 2013
· Shipment to the artist for the cost of packing and shipping
· Disposal at artist’s request
Unclaimed prints will be disposed of.
Use of images
Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist. Entrants must own and have exclusive copyright to all images they submit. Gallery Photographica reserves the right to use award winning images for marketing and promotional purposes.
Gallery Photographica can be reached by email at email@example.com
Call: Competition for the San Francisco International Photography Exhibition
By: Gallery Photographica
Deadline: 8 may 2013
Endowment: 1st Place $3,000, 2nd Place $2,000, 3rd Place $1,000
More information: http://galleryphotographica.com/